Task 1 Apply digital tools to support learning on the Internet for tertiary education purposes


1.1

https://hasansf.blogspot.com/2020/11/while-going-through-lida-course.html


https://hasansf.blogspot.com/2021/01/joy-of-teaching-thejoy-of-watching.html

 

https://hasansf.blogspot.com/2020/02/a-horse-carriage-may-be-too-old.html

 

 

1.2

In the following forum post I have written about the connection between digital literacy and cyber security. I have argued that mass digital literacy can contribute to improving cyber security:

 

https://forums.oeru.org/t/digital-literacy-and-security/2512?u=hasansf

 

In the following forum post I have written about the importance of open in the context of learning in the digital age. Open technologies have been a core foundation for the global deployment of Internet. However, corporations are increasing their dominance in the key platforms for open standards like IETF. Awareness about open technologies and availability of open contents may help reducing the impact of corporate influence in everyday life.

 

https://forums.oeru.org/t/lida103-why-open-matters-for-learning-in-a-digital-age/327/147?u=hasansf

 

1.3

A post about effective way to introducing digital technologies for teaching:

https://mastodon.oeru.org/@faisal/105785948266183595

 

This post is about the scavenger hunt challenge for the LiDA 101 course:

https://mastodon.oeru.org/@faisal/102890410357285591

 

This post is a comment on another mastodon user’s post on education and the importance of making connections:

https://mastodon.oeru.org/@faisal/105238880368681546

 

This post is an announcement about my blog

https://mastodon.oeru.org/@faisal/103615662625691117

 

 

 

 

1.4

 

https://hyp.is/fH4kPmTdEeuLy9dCmh8o3A/www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2020/12/14/engaging-in-reading-authoring-and-community-through-virtual-literacy-casts

 

https://hyp.is/l9xcvGQrEeucGKv6uW6vWg/www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2016/02/03/knowing-the-difference-between-digital-skills-and-digital-literacies-and-teaching-both

 

https://hyp.is/dSdosit7Eeu8Eo8W9CrwEA/www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2016/02/03/knowing-the-difference-between-digital-skills-and-digital-literacies-and-teaching-both

 

https://hyp.is/oh9z-mTYEeujOVNmV0snNg/www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2021/01/29/keeping-your-students-engaged-in-the-virtual-classroom

 

The experience of using public annotation has been good. Although I have used annotations on html in another online course back in 2011, I have not used hypothesis.io before. It is indeed an excellent way to facilitate collaborative learning where new knowledge can be created through collaborative annotations. I have received feedback from another hypothesis.io user who commented on my post.

 

1.5

 

https://bookmarks.oeru.org/bookmarks.php/hasansf

 

https://course.oeru.org/lida101/interactions/course-feed/     [posted @hasansf]

 

https://bookmarks.oeru.org/api/export_html.php

 

https://mastodon.oeru.org/@faisal/105858767366957165

 

I have checked the legitimacy of these sources by looking at the affiliation of the author, reputation of the journal, citation, quality of the research work and references.

 

1.6

 

The following link shows the online version of my reference library:

 

https://www.mybib.com/j/SpiffyFilthyIbex

 

I have used Zotero to create my personal reference library first, then exported them to import into www.mybib.com (it is a free service)   for citation error checking and online presence of the references:

 


Figure 1 Screen shot of Zotero library

 

Here is screen shot of reference library from mybib site:

 

 


Figure 2 Screen shot of mybib online library

 

Here is a detailed view of an individual item:

 

 


Figure 3 Screen shot of mybib library item details

 

 

I have also used OERu bookmarks with tagging to share with Lida community.

 

https://bookmarks.oeru.org/bookmarks.php/hasansf

 


Figure 4 Screen shot of OERu bookmarks

 

Figure 5 Screen shot of OERu bookmarks page 2

 

 

 

Figure 6 Screen shot of OERu bookmarks page 2 remaining

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog