Digital Literacy : Security and Password


The following is a recorded multimedia presentation on the topic of Digital Literacy: Security and Password

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZRwmC-oTI&feature=youtu.be


Transcript of the session:


Hello Everyone, my name is Faisal Hasan, I am doing this presentation  to help people to know about security and its relation with passwords.  I believe it is important to know about security as part of being Digitally Literate.

So, if we look at todays world, 80% of data breaches are for passwords and it is really important for us to check if our passwords have been breached before. Just to give you a brief example,

I am using one available site to check if my email account has been breached before. If I click on this it shows I have been breached 13 times. That means previously some sites have been hacked I had used the same password in other places, I am really vulnerable. 

Lets checkout what is a good password? A good password is something that is easy to remember but long. Like the first one in this example "Tr0ub4dor&3" is not easy to remember.

But the last one "correct horse battery staple" is easy to remember and its long and it is more secured. 

Lets check how secured our passwords are, using this available site  useapassphrase.com. I am going to check how secured is my password. For example, if I use a password "hello123", I will be breached in 32 milliseconds. But if I use the password "Peter Horse  Bread" it takes 4 years. The longer passwords are better. It takes more time to breach.

In summary we can say that we can say that passwords are very important and we should use passwords which are longer but easy to remember.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog